autumn decoration

25 October 2011

autumn decoration.008autumn decoration.009autumn decorationautumn decoration.011autumn decoration.013autumn decoration.012autumn decoration.014
A. has half term so I have been trying to come up with different projects for her, and one of them was to create a little autumn decoration. We did this leaf one together (last photo) couple of years ago ( it used to be our annual tradition with my sister when we were kids) but this year I wanted try something different. Very simple, you can use different colours or shapes. We used rowan red berries, paper and elastic transparent string ( not sure what's the correct name). Anya loved it and  only pricked her finger once at the end ( she is 3). 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice ideas, I like them a lot. Simple ways to catch the beauty of nature and bring it home. I recently made some chestnut animals and they lived on my sideboard for weeks, making me smile every time I looked at them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i especially love the leaf idea! who would have known leaves could be strung like that? i have only seen them pressed between wax paper.

    xo
    sami

    ps. i am giving away a beautiful dress!
    http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/10/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it all!! what grand inspiration.. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decorations, hope that A had fun making them. Now, have you swapped your photos back? Also can I feature your lovely home on my blog this week? Dx

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course you can:),thank you! no I didn't, it's an old photo...we don't have the family photos wall anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. They look lovely and perfect autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lURV your autumn leaf garland! SOooooo beautiful and charming!!! We are starting a HOT summer here in Australia and everything is dying in the garden...still..I want to make a garland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the updates to your home v

    PS. Found you here today:
    http://issuu.com/91magazine/docs/91magazine_issue1?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, just so lovley...a wonderful idea and so inspiring...love it so much...thanks for showing and have a great creative week...cheers and hugs...i...

    ReplyDelete

A FEW THINGS FROM MY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger