around the house

15 June 2011

Since we finished loft extension in winter I have been redecorating slowly the whole house. A lot of things was temporary and after 4 years of living here I feel I finally know how certain rooms and spaces work, what it's too big, small, dark or boring for certain room. So this week I almost finished decorating A.s bedroom. Her room is very tiny, as they called them in Uk "box room". She had this large wardrobe which was far too big, half empty, and made the room even smaller. I bought dark wood chest of drawers on Ebay, wallpapered one wall, put blackout blind and linen curtains up, couple hooks on a wall. I would like to change a light and put couple little bits around but I'm very happy so far. By the way A. got trampoline for her birthday and she has not been doing anything else since then...makes her very tired in the evening:)
bedroom.005bedroom.006bedroom.008

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice work - the room looks totally lovely <3 + would like a chest like that - One like yours & another in white :) Yay - nice to hear that she's having fun. Totally understand her.. I always liked jumping on trampolines & couldn't stop for hours :)

    - Urska @
    Live.Create.Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty styled room!
    I like the flamingos!

    A pretty room for a pretty girl!

    Salut!
    Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the wallpaper is such a pretty, sophisticated look. Just love it with the little girl bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya is such a cutie ! We've had a tramp for years , my youngest at 14 still enjoys it very much. Love the decorating you did in Her room, so pretty , but simple too, you make it sound so easy, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

A FEW THINGS FROM MY LIFE All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger